Opportunity NOW Arts Experiences
Call for Proposals: Opportunity NOW Arts Experiences
Metro Arts and Nashville Career Advancement Center (NCAC) are seeking Community Arts Partners to provide project-based work experiences that are centered in the arts for young people ages 14-16 during the Summer 2017 Opportunity NOW program. Teams of youth will be engaged in a six-week long project that will emphasize arts service learning and work readiness training. Pending final budget approval from the Mayor's Office*, projects funded in this category will be centered upon participation in the arts (including visual arts, craft, media, music, theater, dance, folk, or literary arts) and culminate in a final product while providing work readiness experiences.
Projects must represent a wide range of geographic locations throughout Davidson County, include at least one Teaching Artist who has experience working with youth, be guided by an approach or process for teaching and/or presenting art, and adhere to the Opportunity NOW program timeline.
The program will begin on May 30, 2017 with four days of youth participant training led by Near Peer Coaches. The first day at the Experience Art work site will be June 5, 2017 and will conclude on July 14, 2017.
Projects will accommodate eight (8) youth ages 14-16. Partners may request up to $9,999 to cover costs such as:
- Teaching artist fees
- Project management and personnel costs
- Supplies necessary for project completion
Partners will be responsible for implementing the following:
- Engage professional Artist Teacher/Mentor with credentials and experience to successfully facilitate the proposed Experience Arts program
- Provide space for pre-program work-readiness training
- Identify project sites
- Provide transportation to and from project sites (only if different from centralized location)
- Host parent/student orientation prior to program start date (collect all required documents and signatures regarding wage payment, medical needs, household income verification, photo releases, etc.)
- Coordinate participant and Near Peer Coach timesheet completion and time reporting
- Purchase supplies needed for project completion
- Create a Project Work Plan
*Final approval for this program is pending, however Metro Arts and Nashville Career Advancement Center feel optimistic that funds to support projects will be available.
Contact Rebecca Kinslow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-862-6737 with questions.