The Tennessee Arts Commission’s Arts Build Communities (ABC) grant program is designed to provide support for arts projects that broaden access to arts experiences, address community quality of life issues through the arts, or enhance the sustainability of arts organizations. Metro Arts serves as the Designated Agency to administer this program for Davidson County. Applications are typically available in April for projects beginning in August or later.
ABC funds may be used to:
- Provide innovative arts experiences that are new or unfamiliar to community residents
- Offer arts programs that are designed to help affect positive change in community social issues
- Develop arts programming that strengthens social networks through community engagement
- Undertake cultural arts initiatives that enhance a community’s identity and/or economic development
- Offer training that helps experiences or emerging artists/arts administrators develop entrepreneurial skills or innovative strategies for building sustainability