The Tennessee Arts Commission’s Arts Build Communities (ABC) grant program is designed to provide support for arts projects that broaden access to arts experiences, address community quality of life issues through the arts, or enhance the sustainability of arts organizations. Metro Arts serves as the Designated Agency to administer this program for Davidson County.
The ABC online application is now open for projects taking place between August 16,2018-June 15, 2019.
ABC funds may be used to:
- Provide innovative arts experiences that are new or unfamiliar to community residents
- Offer arts programs that are designed to help affect positive change in community social issues
- Develop arts programming that strengthens social networks through community engagement
- Undertake cultural arts initiatives that enhance a community’s identity and/or economic development
- Offer training that helps experiences or emerging artists/arts administrators develop entrepreneurial skills or innovative strategies for building sustainability
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity and how to apply, Metro Arts will be hosting an in-person ABC workshop on Thursday, April 26 from 12pm-1pm. The meeting will take place in the Nashville Room of the Metro Office Building located at 800 2nd Avenue South in downtown Nashville. Free on-site parking is available. An online version of this workshop will be available on our YouTube channel after April 26.
The full ABC grant guidelines are available on the Tennessee Arts Commission (TAC) website. to access and submit and application, please visit TAC's online grants management system.