ArtPop Street Gallery
The ArtPop Street Gallery competition has arrived in Nashville to shine the spotlight on our city’s talented artists by placing their work on available billboards throughout the Middle Tennessee region. Local artists working in all media are invited to submit up to two artworks for consideration and possible display on 1 of 5 available billboards circulating the region in 2017. Artists are limited to two artwork submissions. (See Submission Guidelines.)
ArtPop is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that works with local arts councils and media companies to promote artists, give them a voice, create public street galleries and energize residents’ commutes. Currently, ArtPop is on the streets of eleven cities nationwide and growing quickly! Art + Public Outdoor Project = ArtPop. For more information, visit ArtPopStreetGallery.com.
The competition opens December 16, 2016.
Final Submissions are Due on February 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
ArtPop Nashville is open to artists living or working in the Greater Nashville/Davidson County area, which includes the counties of Cannon, Cheatham, Davidson, Dickson, Hickman, Macon, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Smith, Sumner, Trousdale, Williamson and Wilson County. Artists must be 18 years of age or older and be a professional artists as defined on pages 2-3 in the Public Art Guidelines.
Selection and Exhibition Process
Five artworks will be chosen by Metro Arts and the ArtPop selection committee. Selected artworks will be displayed on billboards owned and managed by OUTFRONT Media throughout the Middle Tennessee area for up to one year. Billboard locations are determined by availability and at the discretion of OUTFRONT Media. Exhibited artworks may be relocated at any time during the year of display. ArtPop cannot guarantee artwork locations. Selected artists are not able to choose their artwork location.
Submit your Artwork on Submittable.com
Interested artists should provide hi-resolution digital jpg files of up to two artwork(s) for consideration. All submissions must strictly adhere to the specifications and guidelines listed below.
- Artwork that does not meet the specification requirements will not be reviewed.
- All artwork is subject to approval by Metro Arts, ArtPop and OUTFRONT Media. No offensive or slanderous work will be accepted.
- Artists must provide production-ready work that is to scale.
- Artists are limited to two artwork entries.
Artwork Submission Requirements
- Billboard Size: 48' w x 14' h
- Acceptable document type: jpg
Artwork File Size:
- Submission Images (Images reviewed during the selection process): All submitted images should be 24.5"w x 6"h at 100dpi.
- Final Images: Final images will be sent directly to OUTFRONT Media after the winners are announced. Artists who are selected MUST be able to provide images with the follow resolutions: 24.5" w x 6" h at 300 dpi or 7350 x 1800px. Final images should represent the highest quality of the image, as they will be used for application to the billboards.
- Watch this YouTube video for further instructions on preparing your submission.
For questions concerning image layouts and resolutions please contact Deidre Wieszciecinski via email at email@example.com or by phone at 615-913-8921
For further information, please call 615-862-6739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.