Business Development and Outreach Activities
Business Development and Outreach staff engages in a number of activities including but not limited to the following:
- One-on-one technical assistance with vendors; Call us for Technical Assistance (615-880-2814) or email us at email@example.com.
- Conducting business development training through the BAO training series; See our FY 17 Training Schedule
- Participating in trade shows and business fairs sponsored by other business development entities;
- Providing networking opportunities, to develop new business relationships
- Managing the delivery of an annual Business Symposium targeting minority and small businesses sponsored by Metro’s BAO;
- Working to identify and linking minority businesses with available sources of capital;
- Serving as a liaison with approved certifying entities to ensure certified status of Metro vendors.
- Partnering with other Procurement and Contract Management Staff to engage in Conflict Resolution/Ombudsman work designed to limit vendor-to-department and vendor-to- vendor conflicts resulting in fewer instances of contract breech and termination.