The following types of solicitations are used for procuring goods and services for the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- POs - Purchase Orders: These are issued out of our iProcurement software and result from both informal and formal bid/proposal processes.
- EPOs - Emergency Purchase Orders: EPOs are issued without competitive bids when addressing the health, safety or welfare of the public during a time of crisis.
- Sole Source: When an item is available from one and only one source or a single brand but it is then to be competitively sourced.
- Informal Bids – Solicitations valued greater than $1,000 but less than $10,000. Often issued by the individual departments, no less than three (3) bids are to be considered and the award is made to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder. Bidders must complete a Supplier Registration.
- ITB's (Formal Bids) – Solicitations issued by the Division of Purchases that frequently result in a contract. The award is made to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder. Bidders must complete a Supplier Registration.
- RFPs - Request for Proposals: This method is used when selection criteria in addition to price is necessary to make an award. Proposers must complete a Supplier Registration.