Design and Construction
Building Operations Support Services (BOSS) Design & Construction is responsible for managing new construction, modifications, or improvements of Metro-owned or leased facilities (except those managed by Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency or by public schools).
- Planning — space planning and facilities programming; master planning; major maintenance planning; facility condition assessments; capital improvement project planning; building records and archives; customer satisfaction surveys and post occupancy evaluations; leased facility project management; facility asset management; interior finishes; furnishings specifications and procurement; installation coordination; move management services
- Major Maintenance and Capital Improvement Projects — cost estimates; project scope; project design; construction; permitting and interdepartmental project coordination; interior design; furniture procurement and installation; move coordination
- Energy Management — implement green building energy options in new construction and rehab projects; studies for implementation of energy conservation materials and methods; energy compliance plans review for retrofit projects; Center of Energy Responsibility (The CORE) monitoring of utility rates, existing consumption, and available incentives as well as major equipment operation and building automation
- Warranty Follow-up — capital project warranty issues management ; equipment warranty investigation; vendor operation and maintenance manuals catalog; extended warranty service contracts
- Sustainability Focus — assist with strategies supporting innovative, green building practices; include green materials in facility projects; renewable energy and energy efficiency emphasis; indoor air quality improvement; construction project sustainable site development and storm-water management