Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
Mayoral Executive Order 28
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Mayor and is charged with the following goals and responsibilities:
- Promoting bicycling and walking as an accepted form of transportation.
- Serving as a resource to the Metropolitan Government on bicycle and pedestrian plans, policies, and programs.
- Assisting in updating and implementing the 2003 Strategic Plan for Sidewalks and Bikeways.
- Promoting the integration of bicycling and walking in the Metropolitan Government’s planning, design and development of transportation facilities.
- Working with local businesses, governmental agencies, and other organizations such as Walk/Bike Nashville to encourage bicycling and walking and promote community investment in bicycle racks, signage, markings and other facilities and programs.
- Working with the Metropolitan Government and Walk/Bike Nashville to foster programs to educate all age groups on safe bicycling and walking skills.
- Developing and distributing informational, educational and promotional materials for bicyclists, pedestrians and motorists.
- Serving as a resource to the Metropolitan Planning Organization in developing long-range plans to encourage increased bicycling and walking trips.
Mayor's Office Contact Form
Notify me when Related Documents are added via email or text message.