EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 003
THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY
BILL PURCELL, MAYOR
SUBJECT: Creation of the Mayor's Office of Economic and Community Development
WHEREAS, the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County engages In a variety of activities that effect the economic development of Nashville; and
WHEREAS, these economic activities should be carried out in an efficient and coordinated manner in order to protect the economic well-being of the community and businesses; and
WHEREAS, the Mayor's Office of Film and Special Events established in Chapter 2.62 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws can more effectively and efficiently carry out its role if it operates under the direction of the Office of Economic and Community Development;
NOW THEREFORE, I, Bill Purcell Mayor of Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County by virtue of the power and authority vested in me, do hereby direct and order the following.
1. The establishment of an entity known as the Mayor's Office of Economic and Community Development ("Office").
2. The Mayor's Office of Economic and Community Development has the following functions and duties:
a. The development of programs to enhance economic and community development of Davidson County,
b. The supervision of the Mayor's Office of Film and Special Events;
c. To coordinate with other organizations that have as their goal the promotion of economic and community development; and
d. To advise the Mayor on economic and community development policies of the Metropolitan Government.
3. The establishment of Committees appointed by the Mayor to advise on issues related to the activities of the Office and on issues necessary to carry out the purposes of that Office.
4. In order to carry out and facilitate the Office's general purposes, the Mayor may select a Director ("Director") and other staff as necessary. The Director shall have the following duties:
a. To be responsible for the supervision, direction, and control of the work performed by the Office including the Mayor's Office of Film and Special Events;
b. Coordinate among Metropolitan Government departments, agencies and officials as necessary to meet the objectives of the Office.
5. The Office serves at the pleasure of the Mayor. Any provision in this Executive Order can be changed by the Mayor at any time, including but not limited to, the existence of the Office or the Advisory Commission.
Ordered, Effective and Issued:
Date: September 22, 1999