EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 021
THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY
BILL PURCELL, MAYOR
SUBJECT: CRIMINAL JUSTICE PLANNING ADVISORY BOARD
Whereas, the Metropolitan Council has recently established, by ordinance No. BL2005-558 the Criminal Justice Planning Unit (CJPU) as a department of the Metropolitan Government; and,
Whereas, it is in the best interest of the citizens of the Metropolitan Government that an advisory board be established to continually review the work performed and information generated by the CJPU, and to make reports and recommendations to the Mayor regarding the same.
Now therefore, I, Bill Purcell, Mayor of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County by virtue of the power and authority vested in me, do hereby direct and order that:
I. There is hereby created and established the Criminal Justice Planning Advisory Board, ("Criminal Justice Planning Advisory Board").
II. The responsibilities of the Criminal Justice Planning Advisory Board are:
1. to make reports and recommendations to the Mayor regarding the performance of the CJPU and its Director;
2. to make reports and recommendations to the Mayor regarding candidates for the position of Director of the CJPU; and,
3. to make reports and recommendations to the Mayor regarding the information and reports provided by the CJPU.
1. The following positions shall be permanent voting members of the Criminal Justice Planning Advisory Board:
a. Davidson County Sheriff
b. Metropolitan Public Defender
c. District Attorney General
d. Metropolitan Police Chief
e. Criminal Court Clerk
f. One designee of the Judges of the Davidson County Criminal Courts
g. One designee of the Judges of the Davidson County General Sessions Courts
2. All members shall be able to select designees to appear at meetings of the Criminal Justice Planning Advisory Board.
3. The members shall select from among themselves a Chair of the Board.
1. The Criminal Justice Planning Advisory Board shall hold regular meetings not less than once per annual quarter. The regular meetings will be held at a date, time, and place to be determined by the Chair.
2. Special meetings may be called by the Chair, or by request of three (3) members, as necessary.
ORDERED, EFFECTIVE AND ISSUED:
Metropolitan County Mayor
DATE: May 25, 2005