EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 026
THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY
Karl F. Dean , Mayor
SUBJECT: Mayor's Office of Neighborhoods
I, Karl Dean, Mayor of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by virtue of the power and authority vested in me, do hereby amend former Mayor Purcell Executive Order No. 002 and find, direct and order the following:
I. Operations and activities of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County impact the quality of life in the neighborhoods throughout the County; and
II. A planned and coordinated approach to the handling of the issues facing the neighborhoods will assist in the preservation and improvement of Nashville's neighborhoods; and
III. A Mayor's Office of Neighborhoods can coordinate and enlist the support of many neighborhood organizations in the operations and activities of the Metropolitan Government; and
IV. A Mayor's Office of Neighborhoods will expand the services available to the residents of Davidson County by providing readily available assistance in dealing with the departments and agencies of the Metropolitan Government;
1. There is a Mayor's Office of Neighborhoods ("Office") for the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County.
2. The Mayor's Office of Neighborhoods has the following functions and duties:
a. Development of programs to preserve and improve the neighborhoods of Davidson County;
b. Coordination with other departments and agencies of the Metropolitan Government to assure the prompt and effective handling of problems experienced by the residents of Davidson County; and
c. Advising the Mayor on policies that would protect and improve the neighborhoods of the Metropolitan Government.
3. There is an Advisory Committee that shall be appointed by the Mayor to advise the Mayor on issues related to the activities of the Office and on issues necessary to carry out the purposes of that Office. The regular term of the committee members shall be two (2) years.
4. In order to carry out and facilitate the Office's general purposes, the Mayor may select a Director ("Director") and such additional staff as may be needed. The Director shall have the following duties:
a. Responsibility for the supervision, direction, and control of the work performed by the Office;
b. Coordination among, Metropolitan Government departments, agencies and officials as necessary to meet the objectives of the Office.
5. The Office serves at the pleasure of the Mayor. The Mayor can change any provision of this Executive Order, including but not limited to, the existence of the Office or the Advisory Committee at any time.
Ordered, Effective and Issued:
Karl F. Dean
Date: March 17, 2008