EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 041
THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY
Karl F. Dean , Mayor
SUBJECT: Fleet Advisory Committee
I, Karl Dean, Mayor of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by virtue of the power and authority vested in me, do hereby find, direct, and order the following:
I. Sound management of the Metropolitan Government’s fleet operations is essential for public and employee safety and for the protection of the significant investment in capital resources allocated in the vehicles utilized by agencies of the Metropolitan Government; and,
II. Executive Order 031 established the Office of Fleet Management within the Department of General Services, providing a comprehensive fleet management program for the Metropolitan Government; and,
III. The Office of Fleet Management has the authority and duty to establish and carry out policies, regulations, and procedures regarding the Metropolitan Government’s fleet; and,
IV. There is hereby created a Fleet Advisory Committee to review and advise the Departments of Finance and General Services on fleet policies, regulations, and procedures for the Metropolitan Government. The functions, membership and meetings shall be as follows:
1. Reviewing and recommending take home vehicle assignments.
2. Recommending fleet reductions, including under-utilized vehicles.
3. Recommending replacement prioritization.
4. Reviewing and recommending goals and performance measures for the Office of Fleet Management.
5. Recommending fuel management policies.
1. The Fleet Advisory Committee shall have eight (8) permanent voting members and one (1) revolving voting member.
a. The eight (8) permanent members of the Fleet Advisory Committee shall be officials of the Metropolitan Government, as follows:
• Director of Finance
• Director of General Services
• The Chief of Police
• The Sheriff
• Director of Public Works
• Director of Parks
• Fire Chief
• Director of Water Services
b. One (1) revolving member of the Fleet Advisory Committee shall be an official or employee of the Metropolitan Government selected by the Mayor. The term of this member shall be two (2) years.
2. The Fleet Advisory Committee shall elect one of its members to serve as its Chair and another to serve as its Vice-Chair.
1. The Fleet Advisory Committee shall hold meetings as requested by the Director of General Services or the Mayor.
2. A quorum shall consist of five (5) voting members.
3. The Fleet Advisory Committee shall make such bylaws as it deems necessary.
4. The Fleet Advisory Committee shall submit recommendations to the Director of General Services or the Mayor.
Ordered, Effective and Issued:
Karl F. Dean
Date: August 30, 2011