EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 91-06
THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY
PHIL BREDESEN, MAYOR
Subject: Establishment of Ethics Committee of Metropolitan Government
I, Philip Bredesen, Mayor of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by virtue of the power and authority vested in me, do hereby direct and order that.
1. An Ethics Committee of Metropolitan Government is hereby established, to meet at such times and places as determined by its Chairperson.
2. The Committee shall have five members, consisting of the Mayor, the Director of Finance, the Personnel Director, and two representatives from the community at large appointed by the Mayor to one year, renewable, terms. The Mayor shall serve as Chairperson of the committee.
3. The Director of Law shall serve as legal advisor to the committee. The Internal Auditor shall serve as recorder.
4. The duties of the committee shall be to:
(i) consider alleged violations of Executive Orders 91-07 and 91-08 and recommend to the Mayor appropriate action; and
(ii) consider circumstances in which an employee or official requests an exemption to or clarification of the executive orders in (i) above for the purpose of recommending to the Mayor a course of action.
5. This order shall become effective on 30 September 1991.
Ordered this 24th day of September 1991