EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 92-01
THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY
PHIL BREDESEN, MAYOR
Subject: Personnel Review Committee
I, Philip Bredesen, Mayor of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by virtue of the power and authority vested in me, do hereby direct and order that.
1. The Personnel Review Committee created by Executive Order 87-03 shall continue in existence, and shall be composed of:
(i) Budget Officer, Department of Finance, who shall chair the Committee
(ii) Director of Personnel or representative from the Department of Personnel
(iii) Two representatives appointed by the Mayor
(iv) Executive Secretary of the Employee Benefit Board or representative from the Employee Benefit Board
2. The Personnel Review Committee shall have the responsibility of reviewing all requests to fill positions by new hire, promotion or transfer. No such request will receive my approval until acted upon by the Personnel Review Committee.
3. The Committee shall promulgate such rules and regulations not inconsistent with law as it deems appropriate for the conduct of its business, copies of which shall be filed with the Metropolitan Clerk and the Secretary of the Civil Service Commission.
4. The rules and regulations of the Committee may allow the Budget Officer to approve, without resort to the Committee, the filling of positions with starting salaries less than $24,000, where the position was occupied within 60 days of the occurrence of the vacancy.
5. This Executive Order supersedes and replaces Executive Order 87-03.
Ordered this 4th day of February 1992.