EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 99-01
THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY
PHIL BREDESEN, MAYOR
Subject: Preparedness for problems coincident with the calendar change to the Year 2000
Whereas, the potential exists for problems related to the calendar change to the year 2000 (commonly referred to as the Y2K Problem); and,
Whereas, such problems may be minimized or eliminated by management and preparedness activities; and,
Whereas, the Emergency Management Council is responsible for assisting in the development of emergency plans and includes representatives of each affected department, agency and commission of the Metropolitan Government, as well as related volunteer, civic, business and industry representatives; now, therefore,
I, Philip Bredesen, Mayor of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County by virtue of the power vested in me, do hereby direct and order that:
1. A steering committee shall be created within the Emergency Management Council, co-chaired by the Director of the Office of Emergency Management and the Director of the Metro Information Systems Department.
2. The steering committee shall be responsible for:
• Assessment of Metro's Y2K compliance and preparedness, and evaluation of any potential negative impact of Y2K on Metro
• Consequence management planning
• Public information
3. Membership of the steering committee shall include the Emergency Services Coordinators from the following Metro departments: Police, Fire, Public Works, Water Services, General Services Administration, as well as Nashville Electric Service, and others as may be deemed necessary by the Co-Chairs.
4. This steering committee, working with the full membership of the Emergency Management Council, shall meet monthly and provide quarterly status reports to the Mayor.
Ordered this 25"' day of January 1999.