Three Juveniles & Three Adults Charged in Overnight Attempted Robbery & Shooting
November 15, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
South Precinct detectives have determined that a 16-year-old girl shot early today during an attempted robbery on Bridgecrest Drive was an alleged participant in the robbery plot and was apparently hit by an errant round.
Shatoria Bitton is in critical condition at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
The intended robbery victim, Jamarrius Kelly, 23, suffered a non-critical gunshot wound to his back. He was treated and released from Vanderbilt.
At 12:45 a.m. today, officers responded to a convenience market on Eagle View Boulevard where a wounded Kelly had driven. Kelly related that he had been at 1515 Bridgecrest Drive where he was wounded as he tried to flee from a robbery attempt. Police went to Bridgecrest Drive and discovered Bitton wounded in the yard.
Detectives learned that Kelly had been out last night with Jerica Taylor, who he thought to be a young adult, but who is actually 15. It was when Kelly drove Taylor to her Bridgecrest Drive residence that the attempted robbery occurred and shots were fired. Detectives went to Jerica Taylor’s apartment and detained her, her twin brother Joshua, Jacob Bryant, 19, and Braze Roland Rucker, 18. A pistol was also recovered from the apartment.
At about the same time, officers received information that a red or maroon Ford Taurus was also involved in the attempted robbery and shooting. Sergeant Noble Taylor and Officer Sam Tetterton located the Taurus at the dead end of Bridgecrest Drive near Pebble Creek Drive. There they took Marvin Bryant (Jacob Bryant’s brother), 16, into custody. Underneath the car was a semi-automatic pistol. Another suspect, Sean Michael Lynch, 19, fled the vehicle on foot and was later apprehended when he exited a wooded area onto Pebble Creek Drive.
All six individuals were taken back to the South Precinct for interviews. All but Rucker implicated themselves in the scheme to rob Kelly. During the interviews, Shatoria Bitton was also implicated.
Charges have been placed against all six persons and they remain in custody.
At juvenile detention are:
- Jerica Taylor, 15, of Bridgecrest Drive, who is charged with especially aggravated robbery;
- Joshua Taylor, 15, of Bridgecrest Drive, who is charged with especially aggravated robbery; and
- Marvin Bryant, 16, of Northwind Court in Goodlettsville, who is charged with especially aggravated robbery.
In the Metro Jail are:
- Sean Michael Lynch, 19, of Union Hill Road, who is charged with two counts of attempted murder, especially aggravated robbery, evading arrest and probation violation. His bond is set at $1.16 million;
- Braze Roland Rucker, 18, of Bell Road, who is charged with two counts of attempted criminal homicide and one count of especially aggravated robbery. His bond is set at $1.15 million; and
- Jacob Bryant, 19, of Northwind Court in Goodlettsville, who is charged with one count of aggravated robbery. His bond is set at $150,000.