The Greenways Commission of Metro Parks is charged with the planning and development of greenways throughout Nashville.
The sixteen member Commission was established in 1992 to be advisory to the Metropolitan Board of Parks and Recreation.
It is comprised of seven Mayor-appointed citizens, four Metro Council members, and representatives of the Park Board,Planning Commission, Metropolitan Development & Housing Agency, and Public Works Department.
The Commission is served by three Metro Parks staff members.
- Ann Tidwell, Chair
- Mark Deutschmann
- Donna Nicely
- John Norris
- Charles Sueing
- Jennifer Westerholm
- John Cooper
- Kathleen Murphy
- Keven Rhoten
- Colby Sledge
Metro Government and Department Representatives-Ex Officio
- Peter Bird, Planning
- Stan Fossick, Park Board
- Mary Beth Ikard, Mayor's Office
- Kelly Brockman/Jason Radinger, Public Works
- Tommy Lynch/Shain Dennison, Parks
- Tom Palko, Metro Water Services
- Shain Dennison, Assistant Director, Metro Parks, Greenways and Open Space Division
- Cindy Harrison, Project Manager, email@example.com
2017 Greenways Commission Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held at Metro Parks, 511 Oman Street, except for field trips (locations to be announced)
- February 8, 11:30 a.m.
- April 12, 4 p.m. (field trip, to be announced)
- June 14, 11:30 a.m.
- August 9, 11:30 a.m.
- October 11, 4 p.m. (field trip, to be announced)
- December 13, 11:30 a.m.