Model Aircraft/Boat Permit
You may now apply for a model aircraft / boat permit by mail or in person.
A permit is required to operate a model aircraft or boat at specific Metro Park properties.
In order to register for a permit please provide the following items:
- A model aircraft application provided by the staff of the Metropolitan Board of Parks and Recreation.
- Annual Permit Fee: $35.00 for Residents; $45.00 for Non-Residents
- Proof of public liability insurance in the amount of $300 thousand (AMA card, homeowners' insurance, etc.)
- Please mail to Metro Parks, Attn: Permits, PO Box 196340, Nashville, TN 37219-6340, or you may come by the Permit Office located at 2565 Park Plaza, Nashville, TN 37203 and register in person any time between 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
After received, permits are valid for one year and should be renewed thirty days prior to the permit expiration date.
Edwin Warner Park
- Monday through Friday 8 am - 3 pm (April through October)
- Monday through Saturday 8 am until dusk (November, December, January, February, and March)
- Sunday - 12:00 noon until dusk (November, December, January, February, and March)
Cane Ridge Park
Hamilton Creek Park "Beach Cove"
These schedules may be altered by action of the Board of Parks and Recreation.
Competitions are authorized only by special permit issued by the Board of Parks and Recreation with
the exception of Warner Park Flying Field. Warner Flying Field is designated for recreational flying only.
No competitive events are to be held at the Warner Field.