Metro Parks Outdoor Instructor/Trainer Policies
Application for Outdoor Fitness Instruction Permit
Outdoor Fitness Instructor Policies
All Instructors who wish to train clients at Metro Parks Outdoor Facilities must meet the following requirements.
Trainer / Instructor Using Outdoor Facilities
- Complete a Personal Training/Instructor Application Form.
- Pass a Background Check (paid at expense of Trainer/Instructor).
- Certificate of liability Insurance for $1 million indemnifying/listing Metropolitan Government as additional insured.
- Certified by an NCCA accredited organization.
- CPR Certified (current).
- The Trainer/Instructor will not interfere with the normal flow of Parks business. No training/instructing will be allowed during special events.
- Park structures, amenities and equipment are to be used solely for its intended purposes. Misuse is strictly prohibited.
- Any activities or conduct which results in the destruction of, damage to or removal of any park amenities (e.g. park benches, trees) is strictly prohibited.
- Complete a training contract and be approved by the Sportsplex Management.
- Follow all Metro Parks and specific facility policies and rules.
- Instructor/Trainer must obtain permit prior to offering classes/sessions.
- Annual fee of $250 (subject to change).
- Sole Proprietors must pay 20% of gross sales due monthly; Businesses must pay 25% of gross sales monthly. The first quarter of each year Metro Parks will need a copy of financial statements.
- Metro Parks must have a copy of your driver’s license and Social Security Card.
- List of parks and locations where you will be conducting your services.
- Schedule of events/activities: Day of week, begin/end times, start date, end date.
- Disclose fee charged to customers/participants.
- Agree to have all participants sign and complete liability waiver prior to starting activity.
All Clients who wish to train with instructors at Metro Parks Outdoor Facilities must meet the following requirements.
- Complete and sign a liability waiver form.
- Follow all Parks facility policies and rules.
Any instructor violating policies and procedures will result in permits being revoked along with loss of privileges without being refunded. Metro Park Staff and Parks Police will be enforcing these policies.
Personal Training & Instructing at a Parks facility is a privilege. Metro Parks reserves the right to revoke all training privileges and amend rules that are in the best interest of Metro Parks operations. Failure to follow the facility rules and Metro Parks’ policies will result in termination of the training agreement and a forfeit of the membership fee.
Please contact Misty Adfield or Dillon Hoyt at Centennial Sportsplex if you need more information or need any questions about permitting for outdoor fitness instruction answered.