Madison Park Community Center & Park Master Plan
Construction of the new Madison Community Center began in March 2017. The existing center remains open during the expected 12 month construction timeline. In addition, a master plan for the entire park has been developed. The new center is a recommendation of the Countywide Parks & Greenways Master Plan. The master plan is a long-term guide for future investments in the park’s outdoor areas as funding becomes available.
Madison will be Nashville's next Regional Community Center. The center will include a fully equipped fitness center, gymnasium, indoor walking track, movement studio, and multipurpose meeting spaces. Outside the park will have a new playground and multi-use, lighted field.
An opening date has not yet been set. For more information on regional centers and they type s of classes they offer visit the Community Centers page
- March 2017 – Building Pad, footings, and underground work
- April 2017 – Slab on grade, CMU walls
- May 2017 – CMU walls, structural steel joists, and deck for one story portion
- June 2017 – CMU walls, joist, and deck for gym, second-floor walls, joists and deck
- July 2017 – Roofing, exterior skin
- August 2017 – Exterior skin, MEP rough-in
- September 2017 – Install glass, Prime/paint inside
- October 2017 – Complete brick and metal panels on exterior, interior finishes (Ceiling, flooring)
- December 2017 – Complete finishes on interior
- January 2018 – Final paint, casework installation,
- March 2018 – Site landscaping, punch list on new facility
Final Community Design Presentation
The design for the Madison Community Center was presented to the public in April 2016.
First Public Meeting
On Thursday, February 26, 2015 the community was invited to discuss the project at a public meeting. Visit the links below to see the design team’s presentation and a summary of the comments and ideas generated by participants. A second public meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 14 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the existing Madison Community Center. 510 Cumberland Avenue.
Second Public Meeting
A second public meeting was held on Tuesday, April 14, 2015. Visit the links below to see the design team’s presentation and minutes from the meeting.
You can email Rebecca Ratz, email Tim Netsch, or call 615-862-8400 with questions or comments.