Smith Springs Community Center & Park Master Plan
Construction began in March 2017 on the new community center at 2801 Smith Springs Road. In addition to the design of the center a master plan for the entire 15-acre park is being developed. Construction is expected to take 12 - 14 months.
Smith Springs will be Nashville's next Regional Community Center. The center will include a fully equipped fitness center, gymnasium, indoor walking track, movement studio, multipurpose meeting spaces, and a pool. Outside the park will have a playground and walking loop.
For more information on regional centers and they type s of classes they offer visit the Community Centers page
- May 2017: Building Pad, footings, and underground work
- June 2017: Slab on grade, CMU walls
- July 2017: CMU walls, structural steel joists, and deck for one story portion
- September 2017: CMU walls, joist, and deck for gym, second-floor walls, joists and deck
- November 2017: Roofing, exterior skin
- December 2017: Exterior skin, MEP rough-in
- January 2017: Install glass, Prime/paint inside
- February 2017: Complete brick and metal panels on exterior, interior finishes (Ceiling, flooring)
- March 2018: Complete finishes on interior
- April 2018: Install owner furniture, Final paint, casework installation,
- May 2018: Punch list on new facility
Final Community Design Presentation
The design for the Smith Springs Community Center was presented to the public in April 2016.
First Public Meeting
On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 the community was invited to discuss the project at a public meeting. Visit the links below to see the design team’s presentation and a summary of the comments and ideas generated by participants.
Second Public Meeting
A second public meeting was held on Thursday, April 16, 2015. Visit the links below to see the design team’s presentation, minutes from the meeting and comments from participants.
You can email Rebecca Ratz, email Tim Netsch, or call 615-862-8400 with questions or comments.