2016 Ann Chapman Holiday Lights Contest
For 29 years Metro Beautification & Environment Commission has been holding the annual Holiday Lights Contest! For those who love to decorate their homes for the holidays, we welcome you to participate in this annual Nashville tradition.
Download a list of the 2016 Holiday Lights Entries
Entry guidelines and rules for the 2016 competition
- The contest is open to all Davidson County residents
- Entries must be submitted by November 27, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
- The 2015 County-wide winner is not eligible for the 2016 competition
- All lights must be on by 6:00 p.m. from November 28 - December 6, 2016 for judging
Additional information about the competition
- One award will be presented in each of the 35 Council Districts
- Five regional awards will be presented
- One overall, countywide winner will be selected
- Date to be determined - regional winners and countywide winner will be shown on NewsChannel 5 during the 6:00 news. The county-wide winner will be announced during the 6:30 news.
2016 judging criteria
- First Impression - 25 Points
- Design - 20 Points
- Originality - 20 Points
- Suitability to Site - 15 Points
- Environmental Elements - 20 Points (environmental elements including recycling, energy conservation, etc.)
2016 Ann Chapman Holiday Lights Winner
Chris Lawson at 1523 Monticello Ave. was the 2016 Ann Chapman Holiday Lights Winner.
The Holiday Lights competition is sponsored by Mayor Barry, Metro Public Works, Metro Beautification & Environment Commission, Nashville Electric Service, Metro Livery, and NewsChannel 5.