2016 Ann Chapman Holiday Lights Contest
For 29 years Metro Beautification & Environment Commission has been holding the annual Holiday Lights Contest! For those who love to decorate their homes for the holidays, we welcome you to participate in this annual Nashville tradition.
Register your home by completing our online entry form.
Entry Guidelines and Rules for the 2016 Competition
- The contest is open to all Davidson County Residents
- Entries must be submitted by November 27, 2016 at 4:00 PM. All entries for the 2016 contest must be submitted using our online Holiday Lights Competition entry form.
- The 2015 County-wide winner is not eligible for the 2016 competition.
- All lights must be on by 6:00 PM from November 28 - December 6, 2016 for judging.
- One award will be presented in each of the 35 Councilmanic Districts
- Five regional awards will be presented.
- One overall, countywide winner will be selected.
- To be determined - regional winners and countywide winner will be shown on NewsChannel 5 during the 6:00 news. The county-wide winner will be announced during the 6:30 news.
2016 Judging Criteria
- First Impression - 25 Points
- Design - 20 Points
- Originality - 20 Points
- Suitability to Site - 15 Points
- Environmental Elements - 20 Points (environmental elements including recycling, energy conservation, etc.)
2015 Ann Chapman Holiday Lights Winner
Jacqueline Rogers at 1800 Turner Street was the 2015 Ann Chapman Holiday Lights Winner.
View the 2015 Holiday Lights Entries
The Holiday Lights competition is sponsored by Mayor Barry, Metro Public Works, Metro Beautification & Environment Commission, Nashville Electric Service, Metro Livery, and NewsChannel 5.