Activities Within the Metro Nashville Right-of-Way
The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County would like to announce the implementation of a new Permitting System, which will be utilized by all Metro Departments such as Codes, Metro Water, and Metro Public Works to manage all permits issued within Davidson County. The new permitting system will interface with Metro’s geographic information system (GIS), which you can think of as a system of smart, digital maps that Metro uses to assist in a variety of decision-making processes. The comprehensive workflow supported by the permitting system and the Metro GIS will help Metro staff to more effectively plan, approve, issue permits for, track, and inspect work that is taking place within the Metro right-of-way.
With the implementation of any new system, there are new policies and procedures that must be adopted in order for the system to be effective. These policies have been established in order to make the permitting system a success for our staff, our contractors, and the public at large. The following is a revised list of policies that are being implemented as part of the new permitting system:
- Work related to excavation permits shall be completed and repaired within (6) months from the issue date.
- Permits must be applied for at least 24 hours prior to actual start date.
- No applications accepted after 3:00 PM daily.
- All permitting application fees are non-refundable, and may be made with cash, check, Visa, or MasterCard.
- Checks should be made payable to "Metropolitan Government".
- Payment is required in full at time of application submittal. No permit will be issued until the application is completed and the permit fees are paid in full.
- Permit applications require an authorized signature of a person representing the contractor.
- Permittee will warrant workmanship on all excavations for a period of one (1) year from the date of final inspection.
- Metro Departments, Agencies, and Municipalities are waived from the permitting fees. These agencies are still required to get a permit to work in the Right-of-Way. Contractors working for Metro Departments, Agencies, and Municipalities are not waived from permitting fees.
- Excavations will adhere to the Utility Cut Guidelines and Specifications.
- The new fees were effective in the Metro Code of Law in June 2004.
- New fees and applications
- Permitting application fees can be paid via Visa or Mastercard, if desired. Download this Visa / Mastercard payment form and fax it to the Permits office at (615) 880-3259 if you would like to use a credit card for this purpose
- Copies of the revised Code 13.20 and Utility Cut Guidelines and Specifications can be obtained from the Permit office. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Permit Office at (615) 862-8782 or email email@example.com.
- Your use of the space within the Metro Nashville - Davidson County right-of-way is subject to the License Agreement for Right of Way.
- Many of these permits will require legislative action by the Metro Council and other Commissions. Applicants should contact their District Councilmember(s) to advise them of their intentions.
- Copies of issued permits are available on-line through e-Permits