Homeless Services Program
Homeless Services Program- Giovanni Achoe, Program Manager II
The Homeless Services Program addresses the needs of homeless individuals and families by providing supportive direct services. We offer case management to assist customers in obtaining housing, maintaining housing and employment.
- Resident of Nashville Davidson County 18 years of age or older.
- Serve Individuals and Families
- The Homeless Services Program partners with Rooftop, Inc, a collaboration of faith-based organizations designed to prevent homelessness. Metro Social Services performs the initial comprehensive assessment, designs a service plan to maintain housing and provides ongoing case management for a minimum of 30 days.
- The Homeless Program provides case management services to homeless customers in order to assist them in obtaining employment and locating affordable permanent housing.
- Provides bus passes for customers for the purpose of obtaining and maintaining housing.
- Each customer receives a complete initial comprehensive assessment of the presenting needs on their first visit. Services are provided for a minimum of 30 days but could be provided up to 3 months depending on the individualized service plan and goals.
- Customers are assisted in navigating the social services systems via intensive information referral services to acquire the necessary resources.
- All services are provided by degreed Social Workers and Professionals.
- Services are provided Monday through Friday. Walk in customers are seen from 8:00 to 3:00 daily.
The Homeless Services Program provides supportive services and coordinates direct services with partnering agencies as a holistic approach in serving the customer and meeting the needs. The staff works with the customers to encourage lifestyle changes and improve interaction with service workers, landlords, creditors, physicians and employers.
Phone (615) 880-2526
Fax; (615) 880-2495