Riverside and Porter Water Main Replacement
- Project Number: 15WG0104
- Council District: 6 and 7
- Contractor: SBW Constructors, LLC
- Project Timeline: September 2017 - Spring 2018
- Work Hours: During the day, Monday through Friday
- Road Closure/Detour: Portion of road may be closed; however, access to homes and businesses will be maintained.
This project will replace water lines to upgrade the water system.
Update: Water line construction is complete. Stormwater project estimated completion by end of July and paving will follow.
Contact: Justin Pendley 615-755-3655
12th Avenue South Water Main Replacement and Stormwater Improvements-Phase 1
- Project Number: 13-WC-0069
- Council District: 17 and 18
- Contractor: JSJ Construction, LLC
- Project Timeline: Spring 2017 - Winter 2018
- Work Hours: Daytime hours as permitted by Public Works
- Road Closure/Detour: Portion of the roadway may be closed, however, access to residents will be maintained.
The project consists of the installation of approximately 18,195 linear feet of 6-inch through 12-inch and 24-inch water main within the roadway. Stormwater improvements consist of the installation of approximately 2,238 linear feet of storm pipe, 416 linear feet of combined curb and gutter, 191 linear feet of post curb and 34 inlets within the roadway and alleys.
Contact: Justin Pendley 615-775-3655
Cumberland City Low Transmission Water Main Project
- Council Districts: 14 and 15
- Contractor: Garney Construction
- Project Timeline: December 2016 to end of 2017 (13 months +/-)
- Work Hours: 24 hours / day – 7 days / week
- Road Closure/Detour: In general, lanes of the roadway may be closed for short distances around the work zones, however, at least one lane in each direction and access to businesses and residents will be maintained. Disruptions in the flow of traffic are expected.
The project involves the construction of approximately 11,850 linear feet of 60-inch ductile iron water main along Elm Hill Pike from McGavock Pike to Old Elm Hill Pike, from Old Elm Hill Pike to Old Donelson Pike, from Old Donelson Pike to Nodyne Drive, from Nodyne Drive to Donelson Pike, and from Donelson Pike to near Lebanon Road. The project continues with approximately 13,400 linear feet of 36-inch ductile iron water main along Lebanon Road from Donelson Pike to Central Pike. The 36-inch main will cross under the Stones River and connect to the existing 24-inch main at the intersection of Lebanon Road and Central Pike.
Contact: Garney Construction 24/7 Project Line 615-953-2899
MWS Project Manager, Rick Fussell 615-405-8723