ORDINANCE NO. O98-1491
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by making applicable to property abutting the north margin of Old Hickory Boulevard opposite Cloverland Drive (40.5 acres), the provisions of the Planned Unit Development District, classified within the R40 District and proposed for OR40, (Proposal No. 98P-007U), all of which is more particularly described herein.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
SECTION 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, be and is hereby amended by making certain changes in the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of said Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By making applicable to property abutting the north margin of Old Hickory Boulevard opposite Cloverland Drive (40.5 acres), the provisions of the Planned Unit Development District, classified within the R40 District and proposed for OR40, being more particularly described as being Property Parcel Nos. 44, 46, 47, 213 and 214 as designated on Map 160 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is more particularly described by lines, words and figures on the attached plan, which is attached to and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
SECTION 2. BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Sheet No. 160 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
SECTION 3. BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Map & Parcel No./Owner:
160-44 & 46 James W. Granbery, trustee, et al
160-47 Charles G. Cornelius et al
160-213 & 214 Charles Lee Cornelius et al
Requested by: Ragan-Smith Associates
Sponsored By: Craig Jenkins
AMENDMENT NO. 1
ORDINANCE NO. O98-1491
I move to amend Ordinance No. O98-1491 by revising the attached preliminary Planned Unit Development sketch by adding the following conditions to said preliminary Planned Unit Development sketch:
1. The following minimum set-backs from the eastern boundary adjacent to Hearthstone Manor Condominiums shall be as follows:
2. Maximum building height shall be four (4) stories from the main entry drive to the eastern boundary.
3. The following minimum set-backs from the northern boundary adjacent to Hemmingwood shall be as follows:
4. The buffer area as depicted on the site plan will be bermed and will have a green colored six (6) foot high security (cyclone) fence running the entire length of the eastern and northern boundaries.
5. The landscape berm will begin no less than ten (10) feet from the eastern and northern property lines and will extend in width to no less than fifty (50) feet at any point along the northern borders from the Hemmingwood property line and will at certain points be greater than fifty (50) feet as shown on the plan. The buffer along the eastern border with Hearthstone Manor Condominiums shall be no less than twenty-five (25) feet wide from Old Hickory Boulevard right-of-way to approximately 340 feet north, at which point it widens to no less than thirty-five (35) feet, as shown on the plan.
6. The landscape berm will be landscaped per Metro Government Code on the homeowner side of the slope, which shall include crown vetch grass, a drainage swale along the toe of the slope sufficient to contain any water run-off from the slope, and preservation of the existing tree line and various evergreen shrubs and trees.
7. The Assisted Living building will be restricted to two (2) stories maximum.
8. The Independent Living building will be restricted to three (3) stories maximum, and not more than 250 units. This building will be permitted at the 100-foot set-back line as an exception to the three (3) story set-back requirement.
9. The financial buildings (banks) fronting Old Hickory Boulevard will be limited to two (2) stories in height.
Sponsored By: Craig Jenkins
Amendment Adopted: March 16, 1999
|Introduced:||December 1, 1998|
|Passed First Reading:||December 1, 1998|
Commission Disapproved 8-0 (11/12/98)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||January 5, 1999|
|Deferred:||February 2, 1999; February 16, 1999|
|Amended:||March 16, 1999|
|Passed Third Reading:||March 16, 1999|
|Approved:||March 24, 1999|
|Effective:||March 26, 1999|