ORDINANCE NO. BL2003-1440
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by making applicable to property abutting the west margin of Athens Way, north of Dominican Drive (16.57 acres), classified OR40 and CS districts and proposed for RM20 district, the provisions of a Planned Unit Development District, to permit the development of a 242 unit multi-family residential complex (Proposal No. 2003P-009U-08).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, be and is hereby amended by making certain changes in the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of said Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By making applicable to property abutting the west margin of Athens Way, north of Dominican Drive (16.57 acres), classified OR40 and CS districts and proposed for RM20 district, the provisions of a Planned Unit Development District, to permit the development of a 242 unit multi-family residential complex, as being Property Parcel No. 226 as designated on Map 81-4 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is more particularly described by lines, words and figures on the attached plan, which is attached to and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Sheet No. 81 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further resolved that the following improvements must be completed or bonded prior to final plat recordation or the issuance of any building permits.
- Construct project access driveway as far north on Athens Way without adversely impacting sight distance.
- Install striping per figure 7 of the TIS dated April 30, 2003.
- Project Access driveway shall be constructed with 1exiting 11' lane and 1 entering 11' lane.
- Install stop sign and stop bar on access drive.
- Vehicular gates shall be installed a minimum of 75' from the location of the eastbound stop bar.
- The project drive shall be designed to allow vehicles denied entry the ability to safely return to Athens Way.
- Monument signage, landscaping, and fencing shall be set back from the road so that sight distance is not restricted at this intersection.
- Install a northbound left turn lane on Athens Way with 100' storage and taper per AASHTO standards.
- Construct access drive at the Athens Way access point with a minimum 22' of pavement for 1 exiting lane and 1 entering lane.
- Install stop bar and stop sign.
- Install vehicular access gates 75' from stop bar.
- Install for 'RESIDENTS ONLY SIGN' clearly visible to traffic on Athens Way.
- Signs, fencing and landscaping shall be located so sight distance is not restricted.
- The developer shall install a sidewalk along the west side of Athens way. Pedestrian signals and associated ADA compliant facilities shall be installed at the Dominican Drive and MetroCenter Boulevard intersection.
- The developer shall provide all required signage for this development.
Section 4. BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Morris Haddox
American Realty Trust, Inc.
Map 81-4, Parcel 226 (16.57 acres)
Ragan-Smith Associates, Inc.
|Introduced:||June 3, 2003|
|Passed First Reading:||June 3, 2003|
Commission - Approved 10-0 (05/22/2003)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||July 1, 2003|
|Passed Third Reading:||July 15, 2003|
|Approved:||July 17, 2003|
|Effective Date:||July 19, 2003|