SUBSTITUTE ORDINANCE NO. BL2004-409
An Ordinance amending Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code, Zoning Regulations, by amending Section 17.40.740 to provide for the waiver of application fees for certain zoning applications, all of which is more specifically described herein (Proposal No. 2004Z-021T).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That the codification of Title 17 of the Code of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Zoning Regulations, be and the same is hereby amended as follows:
1. By amending Section 17.40.740 by deleting the provisions of subsection B. in their entirety and substituting in lieu thereof the following new subsection B.:
"B. Any large area rezoning initiated by the planning commission to implement the general plan."
2. BY amending Section 17.40.740 by adding the following new subsection C.:
"C. Any rezoning
request initiated by a member or members of council for the purpose of:
1. rezoning the property from a greater intensity residential use to a lesser intensity residential use (i.e. an "R" district to an "RS" district); or
2. rezoning the property from an office, commercial, or industrial district (excluding mixed-use districts) to a residential or residential single-family district; or
3. applying the urban design overlay district, historic preservation district, neighborhood conservation district, or urban zoning overlay district, as provided in Chapter 17.36."
Section 2. That this Ordinance shall take effect five (5) days from and after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Jim
|Introduced:||October 5, 2004|
|Passed First Reading:||October 5, 2004|
Commission - Approved 9-0
(November 11, 2004)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Deferred:||November 4, 2004|
|Deferred:||November 16, 2004|
|Deferred:||December 7, 2004|
|Deferred:||December 21, 2004|
|Passed Second Reading:||January 18, 2005|
|Substitute Introduced:||February 1, 2005|
|Deferred:||February 1, 2005|
|Passed Third Reading:||February 15, 2005 - Roll Call Vote|
|Approved:||February 18, 2005|
|Effective:||February 23, 2005|