ORDINANCE NO. BL2005-528
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by making applicable the provisions of a Planned Unit Development District located abutting the east margin of Old Franklin Road (unnumbered), south of Mt. View Road (unnumbered), to permit the development of 111 townhome units (10 acres), all of which is described here in (Proposal No. 2004P-015U-13).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By making applicable the provision of a Planned Unit Development District located abutting the east margin of Old Franklin Road (unnumbered), south of Mt. View Road (unnumbered),to permit the development of 111 townhomes units (10 acres), as being Property Parcel Nos. 258 and 259 as designated on Map 163 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Sheet No. 163 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions be bonded or completed prior to final plat recordation:
1. Install stop bar and stop sign at correct location on access road prior to sidewalk ramp.
2. Developer shall construct a 3 lane road cross section on Old Franklin RD along property frontage and extend to Mt View rd. The developer shall install a dedicated Southbound left turn lane on Old Franklin RD with 75 ft of storage at the project access road. Design shall coordinate with Provincetown widening plans for Old Franklin Road turn lanes at the Mt. View / Old Franklin Rd intersection.
3. Dedicate 1/2 of required ROW for a collector classification and additional ROW for 3 lane cross section for Old Franklin RD if necessary.
4. Developer shall construct project access road with 1 entering lane and 2 exit lanes with 50 ft of storage length.
5. Remove vegetation to provide adequate sight distance at access road.
6. Developer shall Conduct traffic counts and submit signal warrant analysis for the Mt. View / Old Franklin Rd intersection to the Metro traffic engineer for signal approval. Upon approval, developer shall submit signal plans and install signal per approval.
7. Project roads shall provide a minimum width of 10 feet of asphalt for travel lanes.
8. A revised TIS shall be submitted that addresses deficient areas in the TIS which Metro Public Works has identified.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Sam Coleman
|Introduced:||January 18 , 2005|
|Passed First Reading:||January 18, 2005|
Commission - Approved 5-1
(December 9, 2004)
|Passed Second Reading:||March 1, 2005|
|Passed Third Reading:||March 15, 2005|
|Approved:||March 18, 2005|
|Effective:||March 23, 2005|