ORDINANCE NO. BL2005-895
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by making applicable the provisions of a Planned Unit Development located on the east side of Bell Road at Bell Road (unnumbered) to permit the development of 165,200 square feet of retail and office space, 86 condominium units, and 84 townhomes (40.0 acres), all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2005P-028G-14).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By making applicable the provisions of a Planned Unit Development located on the east side of Bell Road at Bell Road (unnumbered), to permit the development of 165,200 square feet of retail and office space, 86 condominium units, and 84 townhomes (40.0 acres), as being Property Parcel No. 79 as designated on Map 121 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Sheet No. 121 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted that the following conditions be bonded, completed, or satisfied prior to final PUD or plat approval, as applicable:
1. Any approval is subject to Public Works approval of the construction plans. Final design and improvements may vary based on field conditions.
2. The developer shall construct a 5 lane cross section on Bell Road along the project property frontage with left turn lanes and separate right turn lanes with 100 feet of storage at project access points, with transition per AASHTO standards.
3. The developer shall install a traffic signal at the main driveway upon approval by the Traffic & Parking Commission. Signal warrant analysis and signal plans shall be submitted to the Metro Traffic Engineer for approval.
4. Angled parking on main access road shall be removed in order to allow adequate storage for traffic queues at signalized intersection.
5. The developer shall install a traffic signal on Bell Road at Couchville Pike with adequate left and right turn lane storage lengths. Storage lengths to be determined with final TIS analysis. Signal warrant analysis and signal plans shall be submitted to Metro Traffic Engineer for approval.
6. Re-design turnaround at southern condominium units to accommodate SU-30 service vehicles.
7. Street cross section and pavement details to match ST 251 for private streets.
8. On condominiums units to the east provide guest parking or build private streets to ST 252 standard.
9. Indicate solid waste plan -- show dumpster locations.
10. Identify existing pavement along Bell Road.
11. Show and dimension right of way along Bell Road at property corners. Label and dedicate right of way 30 feet from pavement centerline, [when applicable the following] and amount necessary to accommodate required turn lane(s). Label and show reserve strip for future right of way, 60 feet from centerline to property boundary, consistent with the approved major street plan (S6 - 120' ROW).
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Carl Burch
Ordinance No. BL2005-895
I move to amend Ordinance No. BL2005-895 by amending Section 3 by adding the following new condition:
"12. The exterior walls of the structures on the portion of the property that is zoned MUL shall be constructed from masonry products of brick, EFIS, stone, faux stone, or any combination thereof. The exterior walls of property zoned RM9 shall be a minimum of 75% masonry product to grade consisting of brick, EFIS, stone, faux stone, or any combination thereof."
Sponsored by: Carl Burch
|Introduced:||December 6, 2005|
|Passed First Reading:||December 6, 2005|
Commission - Approved 6-0
November 10, 2005
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||January 5, 2006|
|Deferred to February 7, 2006:||January 5, 2006|
|Amended:||February 7, 2006|
|Passed Third Reading:||February 7, 2006|
|Approved:||February 8, 2006|
|Effective:||February 11, 2006|