SUBSTITUTE ORDINANCE NO. BL2005-896An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from R20 to SP district properties located at 2201 Hobbs Road, 4207 and 4211 Stammer Place, 2200 Castleman Drive to permit 16 multi-family units, (2.34 acres), all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2005SP-099U-10).
BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from R20 to SP district properties located at 2201 Hobbs Road, 4207 and 4211 Stammer Place, 2200 Castleman Drive to permit 16 multi-family units (2.34 acres), as being Property Parcel Nos. 039, 040, 041, 042 as designated on Map 131-02 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Sheet No. 131 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, any approval is subject to Public Works' approval of the construction plans. Final design and improvements may vary based on field conditions. Solid Waste collection and disposal must be approved by the Public Works Solid Waste Division.
Section 4. Be it
further enacted, that the following conditions shall be applicable to the property
that is subject to the SP district approved herein, and said conditions are
hereby incorporated into the specific plan on file with the Metropolitan Planning
1. Each residential structure (containing 2 units) shall be of a unified architectural style.
2. The exterior walls of all structures, including garages, shall be 100% brick on all sides.
3. A consistent brick style shall be employed on both residential structures adjacent to Hobbs Road and to their interconnecting screen wall.
4. Asphalt dimensional shingles shall be the primary roofing material.
5. Decorative fencing shall be of a wrought iron style.
6. Between individual structures, a wrought iron style fence may be substituted for an operable gate.
7. Residential-scale light posts shall be permitted in the front yard of each residential structure.
8. Perimeter wood screen fencing shall be shadow-box design or of a comparable design.
9. All utilities shall be located underground.
10. To the extent allowed by the U.S. Postmaster, individual resident mailboxes at the street shall be prohibited.
11. One development identification sign shall be permitted; that sign shall be located adjacent to the main driveway entrance on Stammer Place.
12. Design of the development identification sign shall be in keeping with the spirit and intent of the sketch attached hereto and incorporated herein as "Item 12 Exhibit".
13. To the extent permitted by Chapter 15.64 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws and the rules and regulations of the Metropolitan Stormwater Management Committee, all stormwater runoff shall be piped. No ponds or stormwater detention facilities shall be located above ground.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Lynn
|Introduced:||December 6, 2005|
|Passed First Reading:||December 6, 2005|
Commission - Approved 8-0
(February 23, 2006)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Deferred:||January 3, 2006|
|Deferred to February 21, 2006:||January 17, 2006|
|Passed Second Reading:||February 21, 2006|
|Deferred:||March 21, 2006|
|Substitute Introduced:||April 4, 2006|
|Passed Third Reading:||April 4, 2006|
|Approved:||April 6, 2006|
|Effective:||April 8, 2006|