SUBSTITUTE ORDINANCE NO. BL2008-179An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from R20 to SP district properties located at 497 and 501 Old Hickory Boulevard, approximately 3,000 feet south of Tolbert Road (7.33 acres), all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2008Z-040G-06).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from R20 to SP district properties located at 497 and 501 Old Hickory Boulevard, approximately 3,000 feet south of Tolbert Road (7.33 acres), as being Property Parcel Nos. 065, 065.01 as designated on Map 128-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the attached sketch, which is attached to and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein, and on the plan on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department as of the date of the enactment of this ordinance.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Sheet No. 128 said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, notwithstanding the text included on the SP plan, the following uses shall not be permitted on any property that is part of this SP district:
1. An operation primarily used as an assembling, manufacturing, distilling, refining, smelting, agricultural or mining operation.
2. Any ‘second hand’ store, ‘surplus’ store, or pawn shop.
3. Any mobile home park, trailer court, labor camp, junkyard, or stockyard; provided, however, this prohibition shall not be applicable to the temporary use of construction trailers during periods of construction, reconstruction or maintenance.
4. Any dumping, disposing, incineration or reduction of garbage; provided, however, this prohibition shall not be applicable to garbage compactors located near the rear of any building.
5. Any fire sale, bankruptcy sale (unless pursuant to a court order) or auction house.
6. Any central laundry, dry cleaning plant or Laundromat.
7. Any automobile, truck, trailer or recreational vehicle sales, leasing, display or body shop repair operation.
8. Any bowling alley or skating rink.
9. Any movie theater or live performance theater.
10. Any massage parlors or similar establishments.
11. Any flea market, amusement or video arcade, pool or billiard hall, car wash or dance hall.
12. Any gambling facility or operation, including but not limited to: off-track or sports betting parlor; table games such as blackjack or poker; slot machines, video poker/blackjack/keno machines or similar devices; or bingo hall.
13. Any establishment whose sole or primary business is the cashing of checks for the public.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Eric Crafton
|Introduced:||April 1, 2008|
|Passed First Reading:||April 1, 2008|
Commission - Disapproved 9-0
(April 24, 2008)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Deferred:||May 6, 2008|
|Deferred:||May 20, 2008|
|Passed Second Reading:||June 3, 2008|
|Deferred to August 7, 2008:||June 17, 2008|
|Deferred:||August 7, 2008|
|Substitute Introduced:||August 19, 2008|
|Passed Third Reading:||August 19, 2008|
|Approved:||August 22, 2008|
|Effective:||August 29, 2008|