ORDINANCE NO. BL2008-315
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by applying the Institutional Overlay District to Aquinas College which is part of the Dominican Campus located at 4210 A Harding Pike, approximately 2,270 feet east of White Bridge Pike (46.28 acres), zoned R8, for a campus master plan containing a student recreation building, academic buildings, student center, several chapels, a library, a dining hall, an administration building, and several dormitories, all of which is described here in (Proposal No. 2008IN-001U-10).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By applying the Institutional Overlay District to Aquinas College which is part of the Dominican Campus located at 4210 A Harding Pike, approximately 2,270 feet east of White Bridge Pike (46.28 acres), zoned R8, for a campus master plan containing a student recreation building, academic buildings, student center, several chapels, a library, a dining hall, an administration building, and several dormitories, as Property Parcel No. Part of 001 as designated on Map 103-12 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Sheet No. 103 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions be completed, bonded or satisfied prior to the issuance of any permits, or as otherwise specifically required in the condition:
1. The owner of the property and any successor, agent, assign or subsequent purchaser of all or a portion of the property shall not acquire any new or additional access to Cherokee Road without first obtaining the approval of the Metropolitan County Council. This condition applies to all uses of the property located at 4210A Harding Pike and not only to Aquinas College.
2. The White House shall be preserved as shown on the master plan.
3. The Little White House shall be preserved and relocated as shown on the master plan. Engineering reports indicate that the Little White House is a good candidate to be moved, but a detailed plan for the move shall be reviewed and approved by the Metropolitan Historical Commission prior to or in conjunction with a final site plan application to relocate the structure.
4. A TIS has been approved for this Institutional Overlay with proposed 1100 FTE [full time equivalent] college students. Provide on-site circulation and parking as proposed in IO document. Conduct a revised TIS for more than 1100 FTE college students and in accordance with the Institutional Overlay ordinance.
5. The parking area in front of the Administration Building shall not be visible from Harding Road and shall not compromise the pastoral setting at the entrance to the campus. The height of the wall and landscape screen will be required to be specified on any final site plan for this portion of the campus, and that the height must be demonstrated at the final site plan stage to be sufficient to block the view of the parking area from West End.
6. No electronic signs shall be permitted. No additional signs shall be approved along the frontage of the property.
7. Prior to the submittal of the first final site plan, coordinate with MTA to provide an upgraded bus stop, which may include a shelter, along the property frontage. A letter from MTA detailing the agreement shall be submitted with the first final site plan. The upgrades shall be constructed with the sidewalks along Harding Road.
8. The sidewalk along Harding Road and the pedestrian path shall be constructed prior to the issuance of the Use and Occupancy permit for the third dorm, or a combination of dorms that would accommodate three hundred students.
Section 4. Be it further enacted that, a corrected copy of the preliminary Institutional Overlay (IO) plan incorporating the conditions of approval by the Planning Commission and Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to the filing of any additional development applications for this property, and in any event no later than 120 days after the effective date of the enacting ordinance. If a corrected copy of the IO plan incorporating the conditions therein is not provided to the Planning Department within 120 days of the effective date of the enacting ordinance, then the corrected copy of the IO plan shall be presented to the Metro Council as an amendment to this IO ordinance prior to approval of any grading, clearing, grubbing, final site plan, or any other development application for the property.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Jason Holleman
|Introduced:||October 7, 2008|
|Passed First Reading:||October 7, 2008|
Commission - Approved 8-0
(September 11, 2008)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||November 6, 2008|
|Passed Third Reading:||November 18, 2008|
|Approved:||November 24, 2008|
|Effective:||November 26, 2008|