ORDINANCE NO. BL2011-938
An ordinance to amend Chapter 2.32 of the Metropolitan Code pertaining to the authorized use of Metropolitan Government vehicles.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. Chapter 2.32 of the Metropolitan Code is hereby amended by adding the following new Section 2.32.060:
2.32.060 Use of Metropolitan Government vehicles.
A. For purposes of this section, the following definitions shall apply:
“Metro” means the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County.
“OFM” means the Metropolitan Department of General Services, Office of Fleet Management.
“Agency” means a Metro agency, department, institution, board, bureau, authority, or elected official issued vehicles through OFM.
“Vehicle” means any self-propelled, rubber-tired unit capable of being licensed in the state of Tennessee for over the road travel.
B. Metro government-owned vehicles shall be used only for official business.
C. Unauthorized use. The following uses of Metro vehicles are prohibited:
1. Travel outside the geographical jurisdiction of Metropolitan Government without the proper administrative approvals.
2. Driving/operating a Metro vehicle while drinking an intoxicating beverage, or while under the influence of any drug, including alcohol, which impairs the employee’s ability to safely operate said vehicle.
3. Transporting alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs of any kind, except as the same may be required for law enforcement purposes.
4. Any use for personal purposes, other than incidental.
5. Transporting family members, friends, associates or other persons who are not employees of Metro or serving the interest of Metro.
6. Attending sport events, including hunting and fishing, which are not in the service of Metro.
7. Transporting any political campaign literature or matter, or to engage in soliciting votes, or to transport any person or persons soliciting votes in any election or primary.
D. OFM shall have the authority to adopt additional rules and regulations consistent with this ordinance pertaining to use and operation of Metro vehicles and equipment.
Section 2. That this Ordinance shall take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Charlie Tygard, Eric Crafton
|Introduced:||June 7, 2011|
|Passed First Reading:||June 7, 2011|
|Referred to:||Budget & Finance Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||June 21, 2011|
|Passed Third Reading:||July 19, 2011|
|Approved:||July 21, 2011|