ORDINANCE NO. BL2012-203
An Ordinance amending Chapters 17.08 and 17.16 of the Metropolitan Code pertaining to tent camping on religious institution property within the industrial zoning districts, all of which is more particularly described herein (Proposal No. 2012Z-011TX-001).
BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Zoning Regulations, is hereby amended by adding “tent camping” as an accessory (A) use in the IWD, IR and IG zoning districts.
Section 2. That Title 17 of the Code of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Zoning Regulations, is hereby amended by amending Section 17.16.260 by adding the following provision as subsection D.:
D. Tent camping.
1. Such uses shall be an accessory use to a religious institution principal use.
2. Portable toilets shall be maintained on the premises at all times tent camping activity is taking place.
3. Electricity shall be provided to the campsite.
4. No more than fifteen (15) tents shall be erected at any one time.
5. The area where tents are erected shall be protected by shade.
6. Tent camping shall not be allowed within three hundred (300) feet of a residential or mixed-use zoning district.
Section 3. That this Ordinance shall take effect five (5) days from and after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Megan Barry, Erica Gilmore, Sandra Moore, Frank Harrison, Charlie Tygard
|Introduced:||July 3, 2012|
|Passed First Reading:||July 3, 2012|
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Deferred Indefinitely:||August 7, 2012|
|Withdrawn:||August 18, 2015|
| Minutes |Resolutions | Ordinances | Boards
Charitable Solicitations | Lobbyists | Committee Meeting Schedule | Home
Metro Home Page | Metro Department Listings
or suggestions to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Send error reports to email@example.com
2005, Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County