ORDINANCE NO. BL2013-630
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from RS40 to SP zoning for properties located at 6030 and 6034 Sedberry Road, at the southwest corner of Sedberry Road and Old Harding Pike, (1.34 acres), to permit up to eight single-family detached residential units, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2013SP-041-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1.That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from RS40 to SP zoning for properties located at 6030 and 6034 Sedberry Road, at the southwest corner of Sedberry Road and Old Harding Pike, (1.34 acres), to permit up to eight single-family detached residential units, being Property Parcel Nos. 017, 018 as designated on Map 116-13 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2.Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 116 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to up to eight detached single-family units.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Add a note to the plan stating: Ownership for units may be divided by a Horizontal Property Regime or a subdivision with a minimum lot size of 1,000 square feet.
2. Per SP Note #10, a copy of the long term solid waste agreement between the HOA and the private hauler must be submitted to Metro Public Works prior to the issuance of a building permit.
3. Prior to 3rd reading, Public Works must provide a recommendation to Metro Council regarding traffic improvements required due to the impact of this development and generally for the area.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, that a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by the Planning Commission and Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to the filing of any additional development applications for this property, and in any event no later than 120 days after the effective date of the enacting ordinance. The corrected copy provided to the Planning Department shall include printed copy of the preliminary SP plan and a single PDF that contains the plan and all related SP documents. If a corrected copy of the SP plan incorporating the conditions therein is not provided to the Planning Department within 120 days of the effective date of the enacting ordinance, then the corrected copy of the SP plan shall be presented to the Metro Council as an amendment to this SP ordinance prior to approval of any grading, clearing, grubbing, final site plan, or any other development application for the property.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, that minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved in the plan that is part of this ordinance.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, that for any development standards, regulations and requirements not specifically shown on the SP plan and/or included as a condition of Commission or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RM6 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Emily Evans
View Site Plan
Amendment No. 1
Ordinance No. BL2013-630
I move to amend Ordinance No. BL2013-630 by amending Section 4 by adding the following provisions at the end thereof:
4. The preliminary SP plan shall be revised to note an easement for cross access between this development and the possible future development of Parcel No. 11601301800.
5. Upon obtaining the written consent of the owners of Parcel Nos. 11601301900, 11601302000, 11601302100, and 11601302200, the developer agrees to construct a Class C landscape buffer and a wood, stone, brick, or wrought iron fence along the rear boundary line of these properties. If the developer is unable to obtain the written consent of all such property owners, then the developer shall be under no obligation to install the fence or landscape buffer.
6. All grading and construction work on the property shall take place between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The Department of Codes Administration shall have the authority to enforce such work hour limitations.
7. All construction-related parking and staging shall be constructed onsite. No construction vehicles shall be permitted to use on-street parking.
8. The exterior façade of all structures shall be constructed using brick, stone, and/or cement fiber board siding.
Sponsored by: Emily Evans
|Introduced:||December 3, 2013|
|Passed First Reading:||December 3, 2013|
Commission - Approved with Conditions 5-1
(November 20, 2013)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Deferred to February 4, 2014
January 7, 2014
|Passed Second Reading:||February 4, 2014|
|Deferred to March 4, 2014:||February 4, 2014|
|Amended:||March 4, 2014|
|Passed Third Reading:||March 4, 2014|
|Approved:||March 5, 2014|
|Effective:||March 7, 2014|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to Ana Escobar at 615/862-6770.