ORDINANCE NO. BL2014-747
An Ordinance amending Chapters 17.04, 17.08 and 17.16 of the Metropolitan Code to add a definition and conditions of “Communications Hut” (Proposal No. 2014Z-013TX-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNTY OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Section 17.04.060 of Title 17 of the Code of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Zoning Regulations, is hereby amended by adding the following new definitions:
“Communications Hut” means a non-habitable structure that contains equipment for communications services.
Section 2. That Section 17.08.030, District Land Use Tables, is hereby amended by adding the use “Communications Hut” under “Communication Uses” as a use permitted with conditions (PC) under all zoning districts.
Section 3. That Section 17.16.080 of the Metropolitan Code is hereby amended by adding the following subsection D.:
1. Maximum building size. The gross floor area shall be limited to a maximum of 500 square feet.
2. Height. Height shall be limited to one story.
3. Required setbacks. A minimum setback of 30 feet from residentially zoned property or public rights-of-way is required and is measured from the building to the property line.
4. Lighting. All light and glare shall be directed on-site to ensure surrounding properties are not adversely impacted by increases in direct or indirect lighting levels.
a. Perimeter Landscaping. Perimeter landscaping is required around the outside of the fenced area, or for sites without fencing around the communications hut, when the communication hut is visible from residentially zoned property, public rights-of-way or on Metro Property used by the public, such as Parks, Greenways, Schools and housing developments.
b. Landscape Materials. One tree shall be preserved or planted for each 100 feet perimeter landscaping. Trees planted to meet this requirement shall measure a minimum of two inches in caliper, and six feet in height, as applicable for the type of material specified. The remaining area within the perimeter landscape strip shall be planted with one continuous row of evergreen shrubs which shall be expected to mature at a height not greater than two and one-half feet. The remainder of the area within all perimeter strips not occupied by trees or shrubs shall be covered by organic or mineral mulches, other shrubs, groundcover plants or grassed lawns.
c. Maintenance. Landscaping shall be maintained as outlined in Section17.24.080.
6. Integration into site. The communications hut may be integrated into a larger site design with walls or other enclosures with the approval of the department of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville Davidson County that owns the property. In cases of approved site design integration, landscaping and setback requirements may be waived by the Zoning Administrator.
Section 4. That this Ordinance shall take effect five (5) days from and after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Walter Hunt, Anthony Davis
|Introduced:||April 15, 2014|
|Passed First Reading:||April 15, 2014|
Commission - Approved 9-0
(May 22, 2014)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||June 3, 2014|
|Passed Third Reading:||June 10, 2014|
|Approved:||June 11, 2014|
|Effective:||June 13, 2014|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk