An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from R8 to SP zoning on property located at 5923 Robertson Avenue, at the southeast corner of Stevenson Street and Robertson Avenue (0.43 acres), to permit up to five multi-family residential units, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2017SP-079-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from R8 to SP zoning on property located at 5923 Robertson Avenue, at the southeast corner of Stevenson Street and Robertson Avenue (0.43 acres), to permit up to five multi-family residential units, being Property Parcel No. 109 as designated on Map 091-09 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 091 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of five multi-family residential units.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. The requirements for parking established in Section 17.20.030 of the Metro Zoning Ordinance shall be met for all uses with the Final SP.
2. The corner unit shall address both Robertson Avenue and Stevenson Street by including a wrapped porch or other architectural element that addresses the Stevenson Street frontage, or a minimum of 15 percent glazing on the side of the unit.
3. Comply with all conditions of Public Works.
4. Requesting this rezoning may affect the provision of affordable or workforce housing units in rental projects involving five or more rental units on site, as set forth in Ordinance Nos. BL 2016-133, and BL2016-342, which authorizes Metro grants to offset the provision of affordable or workforce housing units.
5. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
6. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RM15-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Mary Carolyn Roberts, Sheri Weiner
View Site Plan
Amendment No. 1
ORDINANCE NO. BL2017-1025
I move to amend Ordinance BL2017-1025 as follows:
I. By amending Section 4 by adding the following condition:
7. Street trees within the 6-foot grass planting strip along Robertson Avenue and the 4-foot grass planting strip along Stevenson Avenue shall contain only cherry trees spaced at intervals of one tree per every 15 feet.
Sponsored by: Mary Carolyn Roberts
|Introduced:||December 5, 2017|
|Passed First Reading:||December 5, 2017|
Commission - Approved with conditions, disapproved without (7-0) on 11-9-17
Planning, Zoning, & Historical Committee
|Public Hearing Scheduled For:||January 2, 2018|
|Passed Second Reading:||January 2, 2018|
|Amended:||January 23, 2018|
|Passed Third Reading:||January 23, 2018|
|Approved:||January 29, 2018|
|Effective:||February 2, 2018|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk