An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from R6-A to SP zoning on properties located at 530, 534, and 536 Southgate Avenue, approximately 305 feet east of Martin Street, (1.73 acres), to permit up to 49 multi-family units, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2017SP-054-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from R6-A to SP zoning on properties located at 530, 534, and 536 Southgate Avenue, approximately 305 feet east of Martin Street, (1.73 acres), to permit up to 49 multi-family units, being Property Parcel Nos. 013, 014, 015 as designated on Map 105-11 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 105 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 49 multi-family residential units.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
1. On the corrected set, update Architectural Note “G” to apply to buildings along street frontages as well as facing open space and parking areas.
2. On the corrected set, update Architectural Note “H” to apply only to the stacked flat buildings. Revise the note to apply to facades along street frontages as well as facing open space and parking areas.
3. On the corrected set, update Architectural Notes “A” and “B” to apply only to the single-family cottage units.
4. On the corrected set, modify the Site Data existing zoning to R6-A.
5. With the submittal of the final SP, provide architectural elevations complying with all architectural standards outlined on the preliminary SP for review and approval.
6. Provide detailed landscaping plans with the submittal of the final SP.
7. On the corrected set, extend the 5’ sidewalks located along the northern boundary of the drive aisle to the eastern and western property lines.
8. The final site plan shall depict the required public sidewalks, any required grass strip or frontage zone and the location of all existing and proposed vertical obstructions within the required sidewalk and grass strip or frontage zone. Prior to the issuance of use and occupancy permits, existing vertical obstructions shall be relocated outside of the required sidewalk. Vertical obstructions are only permitted within the required grass strip or frontage zone.
9. The preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. Remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
10. All requirements of the Public Works Department shall be met prior to final SP approval.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RM20-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the .Council ordinance
Section 7. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Colby Sledge
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||August 1, 2017|
|Passed First Reading:||August 1, 2017|
Commission – Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (10-0)
Planning, Zoning, & Historical Committee
|Deferred to October 3, 2017:||September 5, 2017|
|Deferred to November 7, 2017:||October 3, 2017|
|Public Hearing Scheduled For:||November 7, 2017|
|Passed Second Reading:||November 7, 2017|
|Passed Third Reading:|
|Next Consideration:||November 21, 2017|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk