An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from CS, OR20 and RM20 to SP-MU zoning on properties located at 812, 814, 818, 820, 891, 895 and 899 South 6th Street and to amend the Cayce Place Specific Plan, north of the intersection of South 6th Street and Lenore Street (1.52 acres), and partially within the Cayce Redevelopment District, to permit the addition of seven parcels with 119 multi-family residential units to a current Specific Plan District, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2016SP-076-002).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from CS, OR20 and RM20 to SP-MU zoning on properties located at 812, 814, 818, 820, 891, 895 and 899 South 6th Street and to amend the Cayce Place Specific Plan, north of the intersection of South 6th Street and Lenore Street (1.52 acres), and partially within the Cayce Redevelopment District, to permit the addition of seven parcels with 119 multi-family residential units to a current Specific Plan District, being Property Parcel Nos. 022, 023, 024, 025, 027, 028, 029 as designated on Map 093-08 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein. .
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 093 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to 119 multi-family residential units.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
1. The development shall provide adequate access that meets the requirements of the Fire Marshal’s Office and Department of Public Works.
2. On the corrected copy, correct the spelling of Frith Drive (page 16).
3. Any parcels located outside of the Cayce Redevelopment District shall be subject to the same MDHA guidelines as adopted for the redevelopment district.
4. Requesting this rezoning may affect the provision of affordable or workforce housing units in rental projects involving five or more rental units on site, as set forth in Ordinance Nos. BL2016-133, and BL2016-342, which authorizes Metro grants to offset the provision of affordable or workforce housing units.
5. With the submittal of the Final SP, provide architectural elevations complying with all architectural standards outlined on the Preliminary SP for review and approval.
6. The final site plan shall depict the required public sidewalks, any required grass strip or frontage zone and the location of all existing and proposed vertical obstructions within the required sidewalk and grass strip or frontage zone. Prior to the issuance of use and occupancy permits, existing vertical obstructions shall be relocated outside of the required sidewalk. Vertical obstructions are only permitted within the required grass strip or frontage zone.
7. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. Remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the MUN-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Brett Withers
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||September 5, 2017|
|Passed First Reading:||September 5, 2017|
Commission – Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (7-0)
Planning, Zoning, & Historical Committee
|Public Hearing Scheduled For:||October 3, 2017|
|Passed Second Reading:||October 3, 2017|
|Passed Third Reading:||October 17, 2017|
|Approved:||October 19, 2017|
|Effective:||October 27, 2017|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk