An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from CS to SP zoning on properties located at 685 and 693 Vernon Avenue, at the southwest corner of James Avenue and Vernon Avenue (3.92 acres), to permit 58 multi-family residential units, including a maximum of 9 live/work units, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2017SP-072-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from CS to SP zoning on properties located at 685 and 693 Vernon Avenue, at the southwest corner of James Avenue and Vernon Avenue (3.92 acres), to permit 58 multi-family residential units, including a maximum of 9 live/work units, being Property Parcel Nos. 125, 254 as designated on Map 091-05 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein. .
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 091 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 58 residential units, including a maximum of 9 live/work units as defined in the revised site plan.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. On the corrected set, revise the site plan to include the following note “Live/Work” means “Home Occupation” as defined in 17.04.060 of the Metro Zoning Code and include the standards of 17.16.250 of the Metro Zoning Code, except for the following modifications:
a. This SP proposes that clients can be served on the property between weekday hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday – Friday.
b. The live/work use shall not occupy more than twenty percent of the total floor area of the structure and in no event more than 800 square feet of floor area.
c. The SP limits home occupation signage to a four-square foot sign without illumination. All proposed signage specifications and locations shall be required with the final site plan.
2. Prior to submittal of the final site plan, the applicant shall prepare two alternative plans revising the orientation of Building I: one plan with units oriented toward the western property line/stream buffer; one plan with units oriented toward the southern property line. Staff shall evaluate final placement of Building I relative to adjacent buildings, parking and open space at final design.
3. Prior to submittal of the final site plan, the applicant shall evaluate whether units in Building H can be redistributed throughout the site in order to create a larger central open space.
4. Building façades fronting a street shall provide a minimum of one principal entrance (doorway) and a minimum of 15% glazing.
5. A raised foundation of 18” - 36” shall be required for all residential uses except the nine residential units along Vernon Avenue.
6. Building elevations consistent with the architectural standards and approved preliminary shall be submitted with the submission of the final site plan.
7. Comply with all conditions of Public Works and Traffic and Parking.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RM15-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Mary Carolyn Roberts
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||October 3, 2017|
|Passed First Reading:||October 3, 2017|
Commission – Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (7-0-1)
Planning, Zoning, & Historical Committee
|Public Hearing Scheduled For:||November 7, 2017|
|Passed Second Reading:||November 7, 2017|
|Passed Third Reading:||November 21, 2017|
|Approved:||November 22, 2017|
|Effective:||December 1, 2017|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk