An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from ON to SP zoning on properties located at 7505, 7513 and 7527 Highway 70 South, at the southeast corner of Highway 70 S and Sawyer Brown Road, (3.57 acres), to permit general office, medical office, and personal instruction uses, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2017SP-044-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from ON to SP zoning on properties located at 7505, 7513, and 7527 Highway 70 South, at the southeast corner of Highway 70 South and Sawyer Brown Road, (3.57 acres), to permit general office, medical office and personal instruction uses, being Property Parcel Nos. 029.02, 029 and 252 as designated on Map 142-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 142 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to general office, financial institution, medical office and personal instruction.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
1. There shall be no new access to Highway 70.
2. Height of all structures shall be limited to a maximum of 35 feet, from average grade.
3. Only down/recessed lighting shall be permitted.
4. One monument sign, with a maximum size of 32 square feet and a maximum height of 8 feet shall be permitted. The maximum depth of the sign shall be 18 inches. The sign shall be set back a minimum of 5 feet from the front property line and must be approved by the Metro Department of Public Works for compliance with site distance standards.
5. Sidewalks in compliance with the Major and Collector Street Plan shall be installed prior to the issuance of any Use & Occupancy permits along both Highway 70 and Sawyer Brown site frontage.
6. Only one module of parking shall be permitted between Highway 70 and all structure (s).
7. Exterior building materials shall be limited to only stone and/or brick. This condition shall apply to dormers, if provided on the final site plan.
8. Building facades facing a public street shall have a minimum of one principal entrance per tenant space. A minimum of 25% glazing is required along any façade fronting a public street.
9. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
10. With submittal of a final site plan, a cross access easement as approved by Planning Staff and Public Works staff shall be provided.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the ON zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Sheri Weiner
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||November 7, 2017|
|Passed First Reading:||November 7, 2017|
Commission – Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (8-0) on 10/26/2017
Planning, Zoning, & Historical Committee
|Deferred to January 2, 2018:||December 5, 2017|
|Public Hearing Scheduled For:||January 2, 2018|
|Passed Second Reading:||January 2, 2018|
|Passed Third Reading:|
|Next Consideration:||January 23, 2018|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk