In September 2017, the Metro Arts board of commissioners approved the development of an Antiracism Transformation Team (ARTt) to support the agency in keeping the promise of its mission to drive an equitable and vibrant community through the arts. This team of staff and community stakeholders will work to hold the agency accountable in becoming antiracist in it's identity and working towards racial equity in all policies and practices by:
- Working with the agency to identify policies and practices that perpetuate structural racism within its work.
- Supporting and clarifying the work within the agency that leans toward antiracism.
- Identifying opportunities for antiracism education within Metro Arts and the Nashville arts ecosystem.
- Identifying opportunities for alignment with antiracist practices within the Metro Government.
- Identifying partnership opportunities within the arts ecosystem to work toward racial equity.
- Making recommendations to the board and staff that interrupt and eliminate racism and support race-based equity and inclusion.
- Regularly reporting action in progress to board and staff.
For more information about the ARTt team, contact Olusola (Cecilia) Tribble Cecilia.email@example.com