The Tennessee Arts Commission’s Arts Build Communities (ABC) grant program is designed to provide support for arts projects that broaden access to arts experiences, address community quality of life issues through the arts, or enhance the sustainability of arts organizations. Metro Arts serves as the Designated Agency to administer this program for Davidson County.
The ABC online application is now open for projects taking place between August 16, 2019 - June 15, 2020. Check back in April for the updated application link for the upcoming funding cycle.
ABC funds may be used to:
- Provide innovative arts experiences that are new or unfamiliar to community residents
- Offer arts programs that are designed to help affect positive change in community social issues
- Develop arts programming that strengthens social networks through community engagement
- Undertake cultural arts initiatives that enhance a community’s identity and/or economic development
- Offer training that helps experiences or emerging artists/arts administrators develop entrepreneurial skills or innovative strategies for building sustainability
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity and how to apply, Metro Arts will be hosting an in person ABC Grant workshop on Monday, May 28 from 12 p.m.-1 p.m.. The meeting will take place in the Jackson Room of the Metro Office Building located 800 2nd Avenue South in downtown Nashville. Free onsite parking is available outside of the building. An online version of the training will be available on the Metro Nashville Arts Commission YouTube Channel after April 26.
The full ABC grant guidelines are available on the Tennessee Arts Commission (TAC) website.