Skip to Content

Restrictive Covenants

In order to obtain plumbing, HVAC, or electrical permits for detached accessory buildings (Garages, Sheds, etc) a restrictive covenant must be recorded with the Register of Deeds office.  Electrical services up to a maximum of 100 amps would be allowed on detached structures once the covenant is recorded. Range Plugs are not permitted within detached structures.

Plumbing fixtures limited to a toilet and a hand sink. Showers or bathing facilities are generally not permitted within a detached structure.

Restrictive Covenant Filing Instructions

Restrictive Covenant for Residential Detached Structures

Restrictive Covenant for Barns

Restrictive Covenant for Greenhouses

Restrictive Covenant for a Canning Kitchen

Restrictive Covenant for Accessory Dwelling, Detached Historical