Skip to Content

Change My Name On My Voter Registration

If your name has changed due to marriage or divorce, you may update your permanent voter registration record online at or by completing and signing a Voter Registration Application, including the information in Section 10.

If your name has changed per Court Order, complete the Voter Registration Application and attach the Court Order. Form(s) should be either:

  • Mailed to:
    Davidson County Election Commission
    P.O. Box 650
    Nashville, TN 37202-0650
  • Hand-delivered to one of our two office locations:
    • Davidson County Election Commission – Main Office
      1417 Murfreesboro Pike
      8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
    • Davidson County Election Commission – Satellite Office
      Metro Office Building
      800 2nd Avenue South, 4th Floor
      8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday

Your name change request must be signed and received by our office no later than five (5) days before an election in order to process the change.