Direct Appropriation Funding Process-at-a-Glance
1. Complete the Recipient Information Form (located in Recipient Toolbox) and email to Vaughn Wilson at email@example.com
2. All required documents below can be mailed, emailed or delivered to our office.
- A completed paper copy of the Recipient Information Form;
- One copy of most recent organization Audit prepared by a Certified Public Accountant.
- Completed Spending Plan;
- Signed Certifications of Assurance;
- Most recent Annual Report for your agency (the following may be provided in lieu of a formal Annual Report):
- Cover Sheet Clearly Labeled: “Annual Report for XXXX Agency for Period XXX to XXX”
- Narrative describing the grantee’s mission and activities;
- Names, addresses, phone numbers of Board of Directors;
- Statistical report on the agency activities for the past fiscal/program year (e.g., number of clients served with demographic information on the clients or number of other units of service if clients are not served; outcome of activities).
3. After the Division of Grants and Cost Planning (DGC) has received all of the above documents, your contract with Metro will be generated and emailed to you.
4. You will print the contract out and have it signed by your agency Board Chair or Board President. It must be signed by one of these two officials to be valid. If you have any questions about this, please call Vaughn Wilson at 615-862-6726. Have the contract notarized, then send or deliver to Vaughn at the address at the bottom of this page:
5. Your contract must be reviewed and signed by several Metro officials and finally filed by the Metro Clerk. Once it has been filed, DGC will return the fully executed contract to you.
6. You will then be ready to submit invoices, based on your Spending Plan, to:
Metro Payment Services
P.O. Box 196301
Nashville, TN 37219-6301
7. If you need to request changes to your Spending Plan during the year, send the Spending Plan Revision Letter with the Revised Spending Plan Form to Vaughn Wilson at the address below. It will be reviewed and you will be notified of its approval.
8. At the end of the Metro fiscal year, submit your final reports - Annual Expenditure Report and Final Program Report - to Vaughn Wilson by August 15.
Contact Grants Coordination
Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
Department of Finance
Division of Grants Coordination
700 2nd Avenue South, Suite 201
P.O. Box 196300
Nashville, TN 37219-6300