Ending the HIV Epidemic Advisory Council
The Ending the HIV Epidemic Advisory Council was created by Mayor David Briley's Executive Order 009 in May 2019 to implement the Ending the HIV Epidemic community plan. This body is appointed by the Mayor and is charged with serving in an advisory capacity to the Administration.
The plan aims to achieve the following six goals by 2024:
- Ensure that 90% of Nashville Residents Living with HIV Know Their Serostatus
- Decrease by Two-Thirds the Number of Nashville Residents with Newly Acquired HIV
- Link 90% of Those Diagnosed with HIV to Care Within One Month of Diagnosis
- Engage 90% of People Diagnosed with HIV in Care
- Ensure that 90% of Those Engaged in Care Will Achieve Viral Suppression
- Eliminate Disparities in HIV Outcomes (goals will be achieved among all populations, requiring greater focus on populations disproportionately impacted by HIV and/or unequally represented among health outcomes)
The Advisory Council shall be composed of a minimum of thirteen (13) and a maximum of twenty-five (25) members appointed by the Mayor.
Ending the HIV Epidemic Plan
Ending the Epidemic Advisory Council By-laws
Julie Fitzgerald Thacker, M.Ed.
Senior Health Strategist, Ending the HIV Epidemic
Metro Public Health Department
||Program Manager, Southeast AIDS Education & Training Center
|DeAnn Bullock, M.D.
||Chief Medical Officer, Nashville General Hospital
||Chief Executive Officer, Neighborhood Health
||Metro Council Member
Executive Director, Street Works
|Sean Kelly, M.D.
||Assistant Professor of Medicine,
Division of Infectious Diseases, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
||Advocate and Co-chair of the Nashville Regional HIV Planning Council
||Chief Executive Officer, Nashville CARES
|Stephen Raffanti, M.D.
||Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Vanderbilt University School Medicine
Medical Director, Vanderbilt Comprehensive Care Clinic
||President and Chief Executive Officer, St. Thomas Midtown and West Hospitals
|Traci Patton Woodberry
||Director, Community Housing Services, Urban Housing Solutions
|Rajeev Mavath, M.D.
||Ryan White Part A Program, Director, Metro Public Health Department
|Rev. Edwin C. Sanders II
||Senior Servant, Metropolitan Interdenominational Church
|James Hildreth, M.D.
||President and Chief Executive Officer, and Professor, Internal Medicine, Meharry Medical College
|Michael Caldwell, M.D.
||Director of Health, Metro Public Health Department of Nashville-Davidson County
Notify me when Agendas are added via email or text message.
Meeting Video, May 21, 2020 Meeting