Human Relations Commission
Metropolitan Code Section 2.132.010
Term - 3 Years
It is the responsibility of the Human Relations Commission to resolve complaints and carry out educational programs related to discrimination in the following areas: Employment, including recruiting, hiring, firing, promotion, referral, and compensation; Housing, including advertising, sales, renting, negotiating for sale or rent, financing, or insuring; Financial services and commercial transactions, including banking, lending, collection, advising, investment management, or brokerage services; the provision of public accommodations; the provision of city activities and services, including services provided the police department, fire department, health department, department of codes administration, public works, metropolitan beer permit board, metropolitan development and housing agency and department of water and sewerage services; educational programs and opportunities.
Commission Rules and Regulations
The commission meets the first Monday of every month unless it falls on a holiday or is otherwise indicated, 4:00 p.m.
Lentz Public Health Center
2500 Charlotte Avenue
Nashville, TN 37209
Contact the commission for more information.
Notify me when Agendas are added via email or text message.
- April 13, 2020 Meeting Video
- May 21, 2020 Special Called Meeting Video
- June 1, 2020 Meeting Video
- June 1, 2020 Statement by Commissioner Davie Tucker
- June 1, 2020 Statement by Commissioner Davie Tucker (American Sign Language Version)
- August 3, 2020 Meeting Video
- August 11, 2020 Ad Hoc Committee Meeting Video
- August 24, 2020 Community Safety Town Hall Meeting Video
- August 31, 2020 Community Safety Town Hall Meeting Video
- September 14, 2020 Meeting Video
- September 21, 2020 Community Safety Town Hall Meeting Video
- October 5, 2020 Community Safety Town Hall Meeting Video