Health (Board of)
Metropolitan Charter Section 10.101
Term - 5 years
The Board of Health shall exercise all the administrative functions of the Metropolitan Government pertaining to the physical and mental health of the people, the investigation and control of communicable diseases, the regulation of publicly and privately owned institutions for the purpose of sanitation and public health, the enforcement of reasonable rules and regulations promulgated as herein provided, the collection, compilation, tabulation, analyzing and reporting of statistics and data concerning births, still births, deaths and such vital statistics. The Board is also responsible for the inspection of all charitable institutions, all jails and all institutions of the Metropolitan Government where sick, insane, destitute or other persons are confined. The Board may cause any person convicted of violating any law or ordinance and who is confined, or who is on parole, to be examined as to the causes contributing to the delinquency and shall make and keep a record of such examinations.
Board Rules and Regulations
Meetings are held on the second Thursday of the month, 4:00 p.m., at Lentz Public Health Center, 2500 Charlotte Ave. Contact the board for more information.
Notify me when Agendas are added via email or text message.
- December 10, 2020 Board of Health meeting video
- November 12, 2020 Board of Health meeting video
- October 8, 2020 Board of Health meeting video
- August 6, 2020 Board of Health meeting video
- July 9, 2020 special called Board of Health meeting video
- June 26, 2020 special called Board of Health meeting video
- June 11, 2020 Board of Health meeting video
- May 28, 2020 special called Board of Health meeting video
- May 14, 2020 Board of Health meeting video
- April 9, 2020 Board of Health meeting video