Preventive Health Care Centers
Metro Health Department operates three public health care preventive centers to provide a variety of preventive health services to citizens of Davidson County on a sliding fee scale basis.
- immunizations for children and adults
- family planning services (birth control)
- newborn screenings
- sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing (when available)
- head lice evaluations
- pregnancy testing and referral
- “presumptive eligibility” or temporary enrollment into TennCare for pregnant women
Please note that the preventive health clinics do not provide primary care services. This means that the clinics do not manage chronic conditions (such as diabetes, hypertension, etc.), sick visits, or school physicals. Please refer to your primary care provider for these needs. If you have questions or need additional clarification, please contact our clinics at the numbers listed below. Appointments are needed for family planning and Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
Please note that newborn screenings will not be performed on Fridays due to time spacing before testing on specimen can occur. Additionally, our clinic is unable to perform newborn screening on the day before any major holiday. Please contact the preventive health clinic with any questions or concerns.
The Preventive Health Clinics moved to an appointment-based system on October 1, 2018 to allow us to see individuals in a more timely manner. All patients should call and schedule an appointment for a visit. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you will be asked to reschedule. Walk-ins may be seen depending on staffing or demand for services. At times, services may need to be limited depending on staffing or demand for services.
Lentz Public Health Center
2500 Charlotte Avenue - Suite 120
For WIC services please call 615-340-5619
Lentz Center Hours
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Closed for staff meeting the 3rd Thursday from 2:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
East Nashville Public Health Center
1015 East Trinity Lane
For WIC services, please call 615-862-6626
East Center Hours
- 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
- 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Tuesday, Friday
- The second Wednesday of each month, we will be closed from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. due to staff meetings.
Woodbine Public Health Center
224 Oriel Street
Woodbine Center Hours
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 7:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Friday, 7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- WIC only: Thursday 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Closed for staff meetings on the 2nd Wednesday of the month, 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- All patients should call to schedule and appointment for a visit.
- Patients are required to sign-in by 2:30 p.m. for walk-in services at all three Public Health Centers.
- At times, services may need to be limited depending on staffing or demand for services.
- For all centers, appointments are needed for WIC and family planning. Please call for appointment information.